The Voice of Free Indonesia was founded on August 23 1945 by Mr. Abdul Rahman Saleh and Mr. M. Jusuf Ronodipuro. After some times The Voice of Free Indonesia broadcasted from Yogyakarta. In early 50, The Voice of Free Indonesia back to Jakarta and changed the name to The Voice of Indonesia. In 1953, based on the book “ Sejarah Radio di Indonesia” published by Djawatan Radio, VOI has broadcasted the program in English, Mandarin, Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, French and Dutch. Program started at 18:30 to 2:30 Indonesia local time. Mr. Hajji was the head of VOI at that time.